Use of University Spaces and Promotion of the University's Image
The University of Neyshabur lets out spaces, classrooms and boardrooms to external organizations for conferences, seminars, film discussion groups, conferences and competitions/selection events, as well as for the staging of exhibitions and photo and film shoots.
The temporary use of spaces of the University of Neyshabur is governed by special regulations the main points of which are summarized below:
- Priority to use these areas is given to institutional activities, but third parties may temporarily use the areas available to the University provided that their use is compatible with the University's image;
- the application must be made via email at least 30 days before the start date of the event to the facilities in which the spaces are located (Schools/Departments/Campuses).
Anyone who wants to make a requests to use the external spaces of the University must have the authorization from other competent parties (Municipality, etc.). The applicant must apply and directly obtain such authorizations/licenses/permits from the parties in charge, and the University may give its consent only after these are submitted. For this reason, the deadline for issuing the final authorization may vary;
- the application will have to contain essential information about the initiative and the applicant, such as: type of space required, usage days and times, capacity, type and content of the initiative, target audience, confirmed or provisional programme of the event, any speakers and/or distinguished guests and personalities, any installations, schedule for assembly and disassembly of installations; necessary equipment and technical services, including those provided by third parties, and any organizing agency/office;
- the application must also contain the name and contact details of the organizer’s liaison, who will be contacted within a short time to provide other information required to evaluate the request;
- the request is referred to the final assessment of the University;
- after the application is approved, a contract will be signed or a letter of authorization will be issued; the contract signing or the issuance of the letter of authorization must occur at least 7 working days before the event/show and will represent the final and necessary act that authorizes the event itself;
- the use of spaces is subject to payment which is drawn up according to the type/size of the space and the nature and scope of the initiative. The Regulations specify the applicable charge in each case, divided into ordinary or concessionary rates depending on the type of event.
- the application for temporary use of spaces for staging photo or film shoots, multimedia displays or other special events such as exhibitions is evaluated by the Public Relations Office as regards the dissemination of the University's image.
- any exhibition activity and promotional information is permitted within the scope of conventions and conferences, subject to the prior authorization of the Public Relations Office.
- application for temporary use of spaces must also be submitted in the case of sponsored events.
- the use of University spaces for events and initiatives promoted by political movements and parties is not permitted.
Using an area for more than 29 days during the year is not one of the cases provided for by the Regulations, and may be authorized only by the University Board of Governors subject to preliminary investigation.
The applicant is responsible for communications to the Law Enforcement Agencies; the obligations set out in copyright legislation; the other obligations set out in the regulations in force regarding the type of event. These obligations include the permits to be requested of the local Bodies (e.g., Municipality) when the space is subject to public easement, or when it is requested in order to hold public performance or public entertainment events in areas open to the public. For those areas subject to artistic and architectural restrictions, authorization by the Iranian Cultural Heritage Department is also required.
For information on the areas available, their use, and charges, please contact the Public Relations Office.
Use of University Spaces and Promotion of the University's Image for student associations or groups of students
What to do in case of use of spaces by student associations (recognized/accredited or non-recognized/non-accredited) or groups of students regularly enrolled at the University.
- Student associations (recognized/accredited or non-recognized/non-accredited) or groups of students regularly enrolled at the University interested in the temporary use of spaces of the University must submit their request to the University facilities at least 15 days before the date of the event, if the request is related to internal spaces;
- If the request is related to external spaces the request will have to be submitted even more in advance, since, in this case, the authorizations of other parties (Municipality, etc.) will be needed, which may require varying deadlines for issuing the final authorization. In particular, any students interested in using an open space must submit a request to the Municipality to issue authorizations/licenses/permits. Such administrative acts will enable public property to be occupied and the activities provided for by the initiative to be carried out (public performance and/or open to the public; use of public easement areas and of areas of historical, artistic and architectural interest).
- Student associations (recognized/non-recognized; accredited/non-accredited)must always prove to be properly constituted;
- A group consisting of at least 15 students that is not an association and intends to request the use of a university space will have to, through its representative:
- prove that each member is regularly enrolled at the University of Neyshabur (enrolled in courses or not aligned with the programme) and submit copies of the documents attesting such regularity to the Facility that manages the requested space;
- when requesting spaces, declare (also by attaching a list of names) their personal details and those of other students including name, surname, date and place of birth, address, and indicate the representative of the group that the Head of the facility involved can contact for any material obligations (delivery/pick-up of keys, any payments, etc.).
- formalize the request with the joint signatures of all members of the group, since the group itself has no formal representativeness. In implementation of the principles of the Iranian Civil Code, each member shall be jointly and severally liable for any fact or event that will happen during the initiative.
- In the case of simultaneous requests, priority will be given to those coming from recognized or accredited student associations or cooperatives;
- The request of spaces must always receive written authorization and is free of charge if it takes place during the opening hours of the premises; otherwise, expenses must be paid out-of-pocket for surveillance and extra cleaning;
- Authorization to use the space shall be granted with a letter signed by the Head of the facility in which the space is assigned;
- It is compulsory for the association or group of applicant students to take charge, on their own responsibility and at their own expense, also of communications with Public Safety Authorities, of the obligations provided for by the law on copyright and of any other obligations provided for by current legislation in relation to the type of event.